John Graham

Vessel Name on Arrival: 
Eastcoates
Vessel Type: 
Trawler
Official Number: 
143925
GRT: 
277
Draught For'd: 
4' 6"
Draught Aft: 
15' 6"
Year Built: 
1918
Arrival Date: 
23/07/1955
Breakup Started: 
02/08/1955
Date First Beaching: 
01/11/1955
Breakup Completed: 
04/01/1956
Original Builder: 
Cook, Welton & Gemmell of Beverley, Hull
Original Yard No.: 
399
Name Changes: 

 
27-07-1918  :  Launched as S.S. JOHN GRAHAM for The Admiralty
20-01-1919  :  Completed as Minesweeper and fitted out with 1  x  12-pounder gun
30-05-1919  :  On loan to the USN for clearing the North Sea Mine Barrage
12-08-1919  :  Returned to The Admiralty
28-01-1920  :  Registered as a Fishing Vessel by The Admiralty - LO 268 - laid up at Brightlingsea
31-10-1921  :  Renamed S.S. Ruby for Kingston Steam Trawling Coy. Ltd.    (Manager - Walter Scott)
14-12-1921  :  London Registry closed
31-12-1921  :  Registered at Hull - H 393
18-02-1935  :  Sold to J. Marr & Son Limted, Fleetwood.   (Manager Geoffrey .E. Marr)
24-10-1935  :  Registered at Hull as S.S. Eastcoates - H 393
07-02-1937 :   Transferred to Fleetwood
28-08-1939  :  Requisitioned for war service as a Minesweeper
Sept.  1939  :  Fitting out at Dover
26-10-1939  :  Returned to Owner
14-11-1939  :  Sold to The City Steam Fishing Co Ltd, Hull.   (Leslie James Marr, Manager)
25-08-1940  :  Requisitioned for war service - Minesweeper (FY.1771) Based Belfast with M/S Group 140.

27-04-1945  :  Returned to owner
01-07-1945  :  Reclassed at Hull. Transferred to Fleetwood.
28-04-1947 :  Sold to Odafoam Ltd, Liverpool (William Stevenson, St. Anne’s-on-the-Sea, Manager)

03-08-1950  :  Sold to J. Marr & Son Ltd, Fleetwood (Geoffrey Edwards Marr, Manager)

31-01-1953 :  Sheltering off Black Head, Belfast Lough (Sk. David Brewster), responded to distress call from Stranraer-Belfast ferry, PRINCESS VICTORIA (2694g/1947), flooded, listing and subsequently foundering. With other vessels, closed on scene of casualty about 1500hrs and picked up seven personnel, only one alive (Sk. Brewster awarded MBE for his actions).

 
1955          :   Sold to BISCO and allocated to West of Scotland Shipbreaking Co Ltd, Troon for breaking up.

23-7-1955 :  Delivered Troon Harbour under own power from Fleetwood.
 
 

Other Information: 

 
Castle-Class steam trawler built to Admiralty standards                Admiralty No. FY 3778
 
Tonnages  :   Net = 108 tons          Gross = 290 tons
 
Dimensions  :     Length = 125.5 feet   x   Breadth = 23.5 feet   x   Depth = 12.7 feet
 
Propulsion  :    480 IHP Triple-Expansion 3-cylinder steam reciprocating engine and boiler
 
Machinery Manufacturer  :  Amos & Smith Limited of Hull.
 
Vessel Speed : 10.5 knots
 

style="display:block"
data-ad-client="ca-pub-9933079004460812"
data-ad-slot="3593922096"
data-ad-format="autorelaxed">

ClydeMaritime is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk.

Theme by Danetsoft and Danang Probo Sayekti inspired by Maksimer