Comber

Vessel Name on Arrival: 
Ballycarry
Vessel Type: 
Coaster
Official Number: 
132042
GRT: 
489
Draught For'd: 
5' 0"
Draught Aft: 
10' 0"
Year Built: 
1913
Arrival Date: 
29/01/1954
Breakup Started: 
25/02/1954
Date First Beaching: 
06/03/1954
Breakup Completed: 
14/05/1954
Original Builder: 
Scott of Bowling
Original Yard No.: 
242
Name Changes: 

1913  :  Launched as S.S. COMBER for John Kelly Limited of Belfast
 
1952  :  Name changed to S.S. BALLYCARRY - without change of ownership

Other Information: 

 
Cargo coasting vessel for British and Irish trading ports
 
02-09-1913  :   Launched
Sept.  1913  :   Completed
 
Propulsion  :  Compound Steam Engine
 
Speed  :  8.5 knots
 
Dimensions  :  48.8 metres  x  7.8 metres
 
Arrived at the West of Scotland Shipbreaking facility, Troon, Aytshire, in January 1954 for demolition.
 
[ Image below shows the vessel as the S.S. Comber ]
 
 

style="display:block"
data-ad-client="ca-pub-9933079004460812"
data-ad-slot="3593922096"
data-ad-format="autorelaxed">

ClydeMaritime is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk.

Theme by Danetsoft and Danang Probo Sayekti inspired by Maksimer