Crown of Seville

Vessel Name on Arrival: 
Collegian
Vessel Type: 
Cargo
Official Number: 
133073
GRT: 
7,623
Year Built: 
1912
Arrival Date: 
13/11/1933
Original Builder: 
Russell & Company of Port Glasgow, Scotland
Original Yard No.: 
635
Name Changes: 

10-08-1912  :  Launched as Crown of Seville for Prentice, Service and Henderson of Glasgow   (Crown S.S .Coy)

September 1912  :  Completed

09-12-1916  :  Requisitioned by the Shipping Controller  for service as Expeditionary Force Transport

01-04-1920 :  Acquired by T. & J. Harrison of Liverpool, at a cost of £294,117, and renamed Collegian

11-02-1931  :  Laid up at Barrow-in-Furness

Other Information: 

455 ft  x  56 ft  x  39 ft                      Cargo Capacity  :  547,568 cubic feet

Note the distinctive and unusual twin-masts arrangement

3-Cylinder Triple Expansion Steam Reciprocating Engine manufactured by Dunsmuir & Jackson of Glasgow

Cylinder diameters 28", 46", 77" and piston stroke of 54"            Vessel Speed :  12.25 knots

Two dramatic incidents in her short 20 year lifetime :  a serious fire in No. 2 Hold, on 22-03-1922, whilst berthed at tghe Toxteth Dock, Liverpool, loaded with bales of gunnies from Calcutta.  Damage amounted to £8,000.  Then, on 14-11-1925, she was in collision with the Thames sailing barge ARTHUR RELF in Gravesend Reach.

Vessel sold to W. H. Arnott Young & Company for demolition, sale price £6,002.  Sold on the West of Scotland Shipbreaking Company.

 

style="display:block"
data-ad-client="ca-pub-9933079004460812"
data-ad-slot="3593922096"
data-ad-format="autorelaxed">

ClydeMaritime is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk.

Theme by Danetsoft and Danang Probo Sayekti inspired by Maksimer